Does sleeping blissfully every night at 3 am annoy the hell out of you? Don`t you wish there was a way to train your cat to wake you up every morning at 3 am by meowing loudly and obnoxiously into your ear? Well you`re in luck because I wrote this tutorial just for you.
Sleeping Is Vastly Overrated
Lets face it. The importance of getting 8 continuous hours of uninterrupted REM sleep has been vastly overrated for years. While much scientific study has been conducted verifying the importance of sleep to our physical health and mental well being, us cat lovers have known the truth for years.
There is nothing more satisfying than being woken up in the wee hours of the morning by our cat friends. Whether it be him clawing you in the face drawing just a few trickles of blood or being awoken by the loudest most obnoxious meows you have ever heard in your life, you know how awesome it is to be woken up at 3 in the morning.
How Can I Get My Cat To Wake Me Up At 3 In the Morning
If you can’t wait to be woken up in the middle of the night or the earliest parts of the morning, this tutorial will show you exactly how you can make that happen.
Follow these important steps
- Do not feed your cat after 6pm. By keeping your cat starved during the early evening, you can be assured that he will do anything and everything in his power to wake you up to get you to feed him, your sleep be damned. Remember, DO NOT FEED HIM AFTER 6PM. Kind of like Gizmo the gremlin but only earlier.
- When he does wake you up at 3 am, get up and feed him his favorite treats. Be sure to lavish him with praise and extra special pettings. This will assure you that he will try even harder the next night and the next night and every night thereafter to get those treats and extra special belly rubs. Don’t let him down!
- Don’t you dare play with him before bed time. Cats are nocturnal creatures. If you play with him too extensively during his daytime sleepy hours, he will be too tuckered out to wake you up at 3 am in the morning. Please, save the playing for 3 in the morning because there is no better time for a game of catch the feather then in the middle of the night. Late, late night.
- Throw your alarm clock out because with a cat, who needs an alarm clock. He’ll be sure you’re wide awake during those extreme early hours.
- Do not try to outwit your cat by staying up all night with a strategic pot of coffee. Your cat is smarter than this and will sleep the whole night through. And after you’ve finished drinking that pot and have finally dozed off, you can rest assured he’ll be in your ear, MEEEEOOOOOWWWWWING!!!
Well that’s it my friends. You now know how to get your cat to wake you up in the middle of the night, every night. Whether it be 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, or that extra special magical time of the night 4 am, you can rest assured that your furry friend will be there to wake you up for those special belly rubs or those extra tasty treats. With any luck he might even wake you up multiple times of the night. But only if you’re super lucky my friends. Only if you’re lucky…